Adopted children can face challenges due to early life experiences and sometimes children, their families, schools and all those around them need help to understand and meet those challenges. Our experienced team will work with you and your families to identify the best support for them, at their point of need, at whatever age or stage.
Our experience shows that by providing adoptive families and permanency carers access to a broad range of training and support from the early stages, we enable them to develop their own strategies for managing the family situation and build their confidence and resilience. This helps prevent situations developing to crisis point and often avoids the need for more costly therapeutic intervention. We believe that by accessing our services, Local Authorities, will be providing an outstanding and cost effectives support to their families.
Our training programme is ever changing to meet the needs and demands of our adoptive families and can be found on our events page here, an overview of what we currently offer to families includes:
- Reflective Therapeutic Consultations, meet with you to discuss your requirements
- Training courses: Nurtured Heart Approach, Therapeutic parenting; Life story workshops, Child to parent violence & aggression, parenting siblings & teenagers and many more
- Activity days and events; rock and river, drama, choir etc
- Direct work with families and individuals
- Referral (where appropriate) to our Therapy Service led by a Clinical Psychologist
- Support for children in the school setting (specialist services to schools)
- Family support services / buddying / groups such as Nestlings
Most of our services fall under the remit of the Adoption Support Fund and we can assist with applications to the fund to cover the cost of support.