23, 24 & 30 January 2019 (4th date TBC)
12, 13 & 19 June 2019 (4th date TBC)
Time: 9:45am to 2:45pm
We are delighted to offer a Theraplay® Institutes Course Theraplay® for Adoptive Parents.
The attachment-based parenting techniques taught in this course are proven to strengthen family bonds and help bring joy, fun and laughter back into the home. We use lecture, discussion, video demonstrations of real adoptive families and practice sessions that will enable parents to return home with engaging and effective tools to:
- Help children feel more comfortable accepting adult guidance and leadership.
- Direct behaviours without being punitive.
- Communicate without constant rewards and threats of consequence.
- Discipline in a way that is effective and fosters learning rather than making the child feel ashamed and vengeful.
- Integrate playful, reciprocal interactions to enhance the child’s sense of wellbeing and self-esteem.
- Foster a lasting connection between parent and child.
The Theraplay® for Adoptive Parents Training Course will be run by Anne Bone.
Anne Bone is an accredited practitioner and supervisor with the Theraplay® Institute, and has many years experience working in the field of adoption and fostering. Anne was one of four lead practitioners who
piloted the course to adopters in 2016. The Theraplay® Institute was delight with the positive feedback and have decided to roll out the course to adopters.
The course will require funding via the Adoption Support Fund.
To enquire about booking a place on this course or for information about our full range of training available and a quotation, just fill in our enquiry form here or contact us on Tel: 01925 534 118 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org